Are you passionate about coworking, collaboration and growing businesses in Australia?
Are you an awesome networker in Sydney with existing connections across small business, corporate and government? Do you get a buzz from enabling small businesses to grow and making an impact in your city? Does the need and momentum for small business and start-ups in New South Wales excite you? Are you a strong organiser, mover and shaker who gets things done and loves a good challenge? If yes, then please read on.
Hub Sydney is part of Hub Australia, a network of coworking communities that create a home for small businesses to grow. We’re made up of over 1000 members, including freelancers, small businesses, start-ups, social enterprises and large corporate, government and education institutions across Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide.
Hub Australia is a founding Benefit Corporation (BCorp) in Australia and we are dedicated to changing the way Australia works.
At the heart of Hub Australia is a core team of dedicated individuals whose role is to create an environment where diverse people, organisations and sectors come together, work on projects, swap ideas and innovate. We do this by hosting physical and online collaboration spaces, curating events for learning and networking, and facilitating connections for our members. We’re constantly innovating new ways to work and business models that create shared value. We’re vibrant, diverse and we’re growing – fast.
That’s where you come in.
The Community Lead is a business development dynamo, networks likes crazy, has exceptional interpersonal skills, can shift gears between an exciting variety of tasks seamlessly and is an excellent communicator. In their role, they take the lead on ensuring Hub Sydney is a vibrant and critical business community in New South Wales.
THE PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE:
The Community Lead creates a community that is vibrant and collaborative. They are the key person at each clubhouse. In their role, they take the lead on ensuring members have a well tracked member journey with Hub, retention targets are met, and programming is delivered on a routine basis. In conjunction with the entire clubhouse and national team, the Community Lead also performs a critical role in ensuring that the overall budget of the clubhouse is met and our mission to create a home for business to grow is realised.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Take each member through the relevant Hub member journey from induction through exit
- Work with General Manager and local clubhouse team to review member data (primarily member retention data) to refine and improve member experience and longevity at the Clubhouse
- Work with Sales and Operations Lead to ensure seamless transition for new members into the community
- Document key takeaways from member check ins in our CRM to ensure seamless follow through
- Continue to evolve the member journey in collaboration with team
- Help to ensure Hub is the home for our member’s businesses to grow
- Facilitate connections and opportunities for members to help their business evolve and grow
- Utilise MESH for member engagement and communications and to supplement in-space community activity
- Serve as a local contact for member escalation
- Continually review and address feedback from member survey data
Approx 25-30 hours per week
Community cultivation and activation
- Collaborate with Clubhouse members and Space Hosts to create and deliver regular community events such as Mixed Bag Lunch, Wine Downs, Lunch N Learns, member clubs, Town Hall, monthly events, etc.
- Facilitate local content and collaborate with the Marketing Lead, Sales and Operations Lead, and Space Hosts to maintain a thriving digital community, including adding details on events and activities, collecting member stories, facilitating local members to share their news, etc.
Approx 5 hours per week
New members and sales funnel management
- Deliver Open House Tours and Trial Day experiences to prospective members, and help prospective members to a buying decision (one day per week – Tuesdays)
- Follow leads from tours you deliver through the sales funnel
Approx 5 hours per week
Collaborate with the Hub Australia Team
- Working as a local and national team to collectively support and achieve targets
- Hosting if and when required
- Ad hoc space checks
- Relieving space hosts for annual leave / sick leave where required
- Work closely with the General Manager to ensure the Clubhouse runs seamlessly and members and staff have a great experience at Hub
- Attend and contribute to relevant company meetings
- Living and breathing our values: Collaboration, Accountability, Adaptability, Resourceful, Beyond Profit
Approx <5 hours per week
OUTCOMES THAT WE MEASURE YOU BY (KPIs):
- Beating or exceeding operating profit targets
- Maximising member retention
- Member journey milestones achieved and documented in our CRM
- Maintaining an updated daily Trello and achieving key project and team deadlines
WHAT YOU’LL BE REWARDED WITH:
- Being a key member of an energetic, dynamic and fun small team operating an awesome coworking Clubhouse
- The satisfaction and challenge of enabling an inspiring and diverse network of over 1000 members nationally and connecting them globally
- Being part of a B-Corp certified company with a vision and plan to make a difference
- Working from one of the coolest workplaces in town
- Phone allowance and use of a MacBook Air
- Personalised training and development program
- All Hub team members are eligible for our Parental Leave scheme
- A full-time salary of $65,000 – $70,000 including super
DESIRED START DATE:
1 July 2017
15 June 2017
Send a link to your LinkedIn profile, CV and a cover letter on why you are interested in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.