Position: Community Lead
Organisation: Hub Australia
Reports into: Hub Australia Sydney General Manager
Start Date: Wednesday 17th January 2018
Probation End: 6 months from start date
Location: Hub Hyde Park (Sydney)
Ordinary Hours of Work: 8 hours per day (between 08:00 – 18:00), Monday to Friday.
Additional hours may be required (and expected) to meet the needs of the business.
Salary: To be discussed
Purpose of this role
The Community Lead is a business development dynamo, has exceptional interpersonal skills, and is an excellent communicator. In their role, they take the lead on ensuring Clubhouse occupancy and retention targets are met, and are responsible and accountable for revenue targets.
The Community Lead builds and maintains a thriving, vibrant and collaborative member community within and around our Melbourne coworking space (or ‘Clubhouse’), including activation of our member admin portal (MAP) and digital channels. The role delivers the Hub member journey, assisting Clubhouse members to build social and business connections that fuel collaboration, innovation and success.
A thriving Clubhouse community maintained by the Community Lead increases retention and fuels occupancy targets. New Clubhouse members come from success and growth from within the community, referrals from members, and desire to connect with our diverse and national membership base.
The Community Lead also manages the Clubhouse, in collaboration with the Space Lead, and works to meet their Clubhouse expense targets with Hub management.
Responsibilities by function:
Member journey & community activation
• Take each member through the relevant Hub member journey to include; monthly face to face member checkins.
• Collaborate with Clubhouse members to create and deliver regular community programming events (these are fun events that cultivate collaboration bringing our members together)
• Continue to evolve the member journey in collaboration with team
• Organise and facilitate member community events
• Help members of the Hub community do business with each other and with our broader network
• Facilitate commercial connections and opportunities for members to help their business evolve and grow
• Utilise MAP as the portal for all member engagement and communications, and to supplement in-space community activity
• Facilitate local content and collaborate with the Content & Partnerships Lead to maintain a thriving digital community, including adding details on events and activities, collecting member stories, facilitating local members to share their news, etc.
New members & sales funnel management
• Deliver tours and trial day experiences to prospective members, and help prospective members to a buying decision
• Build and maintain a waiting list for Clubhouse membership products.
Clubhouse management, general awesomeness and ongoing development of the Hub Australia Business
• Hosting duties as required by the front desk
• Manage specific Clubhouse revenue and expense category targets
• Hit venue hire targets
• Review member data and identify areas for improvement
• Identifying and implementing continuous improvement processes & procedures
• Working as a dynamic team with the General Manager, Space Lead and casual support staff.
Key Performance Indicators:
• Operating Profit Targets (EBITA)
• Member Retention (Churn rates)
• Sales Conversion Rate
Skills that are essential for this role
• A genuine passion for managing client relationships and the ability to analyse, develop and cultivate new business with new existing members
• You have a keen eye for detail and you sweat the small stuff that makes a member experience unique and authentic.
• Influential communication skills both written and verbal
• Ability to juggle competing priorities whilst remaining solutions focused
• Systems and tech savvy; you are able to fix basic tech issues and provide level 1 support
• Strong time management skills and excellent attention to detail.
Required training and experience
• 1 – 2 years experience in a fast paced customer service environment
• Facilities and tech experience
• The ability to build strong internal and external relationships and work more independently with time
• Most importantly; a desire to grow and learn with a dynamic, growing and supportive community.
What you’ll be rewarded with
• Being a key member of an energetic, dynamic and fun national team
• The satisfaction and challenge of enabling an inspiring and diverse network of over 1000 members nationally and connecting them globally
• Being part of a B-Corp certified company with a vision and plan to make a difference
• Two paid days per year on company time to undertake volunteering
• Working from one of the coolest workplaces in town
• Phone allowance and use of a (Hub Owned) MacBook
• Personalised training and development program to the value of $1000 annually.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume and include Hyde Park Community Lead in the subject line.