The Facilities and Technology Lead loves problem solving and systems. You’ll be a key player for our Sydney team, who provide beautiful, fun and productive workspaces across two Sydney locations. This role is extremely dynamic, as it covers everything from driving great member experiences to managing our printers and Merakis to helping create systems around supply orders to being a leader on a great team across Australia. You’ll work hand in hand with our National Facilities and Technology Manager and are supported by a fun, dynamic nationwide team. We’re looking for energetic, entrepreneurial and team oriented to join us this August.
Hub Australia is a network of coworking communities that create a home for small business to grow. We’re made up of over 1000 members, including freelancers, small businesses, start-ups, social enterprises and large corporate, government and education institutions across Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide.
At the heart of Hub Australia is a core team of dedicated individuals whose role is to create an environment where diverse people, organisations and sectors come together, work on projects, swap ideas and innovate. We do this by hosting physical and online collaboration spaces, curating events for learning and networking, and facilitating connections for our members. We’re constantly innovating new ways to work and business models that create shared value. We’re vibrant, diverse and we’re growing – fast.
THE PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE
The Facilities and Technology Lead is responsible for facilitating excellent experiences for members and the Hub Australia team by up-keeping and optimising systems, sharing experience, and overseeing key functions of project management and technology.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Maintain Amazing Physical Workspaces
You’ll work with the team in Sydney to ensure that space presentation, cleaning, maintenance and tech functions at a high level on a daily basis. This includes:
- Resolving any space issues in a quick and timely manner (including escalation where needed)
- Undertake basic maintenance tasks at Clubhouse, such as changing light bulbs, fixing furniture, putting up pictures, etc.
- Continuing to develop the Space Evaluator tool and leading monthly evaluations of the space to identify areas of opportunity
- Provide support to local team and members when they depart (including space condition checklist) and promptly organise make good of offices for incoming members
- Create and manage a maintenance schedule and space task list
- Serve at the point of escalation for major space, tech and OH&S needs (where the national Facilities and Technology Manager is your point of escalation)
- Ensure meeting rooms, welcome area, event space, storage, kitchen are continually maintained and presented excellently
- Support the team when it comes to training and on boarding of space and facilities components of their jobs
- Maintain furniture inventory
- Optimise usage of space to ensure member retention and revenue per square meter
- With the support of the national Facilities and Technology Manager, manage key external relationships including lease agreements with building owners and any renovation works
- Ensure spaces are OH&S abiding, working smoothly, and up to code
- Project manage CAPX expenses and builds, etc.
- Serve as the point of escalation for all member requested changes to the space (including any members who wish to bring in their own furniture or changes to the physical space, etc.)
- Maintain general oversight to ensure accuracy and ongoing documentation of relevant records and contracts.
- This is a full-time position
Ensure Technology is Top Notch
You’ll be the key leader on the team for all tech related questions and challenges. You’ll help us to maintain the highest possible upkeep times for members and will project manage any key changes to our tech offering or any troubles that arise.
- Provide guidance and advice to Hub team and members about our Tech Guidelines and setup for new members
- Provide 2nd level support for onsite tech issues, including WiFi, printing and VoIP
- Maintain a log of all tech issues
- Keep our employee Wiki updated with training & best practices on in-space infrastructure & tech
- Fielding member and team queries on systems in a timely way
- Work with your manager and the national Facilities and Technology Manager to set priorities and ensure smooth delivery of other tech services including:
- MESH, our member Portal
- Software services
- Security cameras
- Meeting room tech
- Hardware (inc Merakis)
- Building fobs
Creating a warm and inviting environment for Hubbers and their guests
As capacity allows and to support the local team, we ask that you make yourself available for 1-3 hours a week to support with the following:
- Working with the Community Lead to ensure members are aware of any changes, etiquette and events via in-space posters, TV screens and projected images, information sharing at community events (e.g. MBL), etc., to ensure members are informed on key space related activities
- Utilising MESH and weekly Digest to push communications regarding Hosting issues and Space Maintenance
- Encouraging members to refer to MESH as first port of call for any space-related matters, including a MESH ‘call to action’ with any non-MESH communications
- Serving as part of the member welcome and departure process with key space related functions
Clubhouse Management, general awesomeness and ongoing development of the Hub Australia Business
- Managing Clubhouse expense category targets (with support of Community Manager and Facilities and Technology Lead)
- Managing the Clubhouse expense spreadsheets and credit card use, including uploading of receipts and banking money once a month
Collaborate with the Hub Australia Team
- Work closely with the local team to ensure the Clubhouse runs seamlessly and members have a great experience at Hub
- Working as a local and national team to collectively support and achieve targets
- Hosting if and when required
- Ad hoc space checks
- Relieving space hosts for annual leave / sick leave where required
- Attend and contribute to relevant company meetings
- Living and breathing our values: Collaboration, Accountability, Adaptability, Resourceful, Beyond Profit
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Meeting or beating the company budget (by providing great experiences to members and staff, which increase their lifetime value, and by effectively managing expenses)
- Excellent space evaluation scores
- Meeting project deadlines for any CAPX, space maintenance works, etc (including maintaining an updated Trello on a daily basis)
WHAT YOU’LL BE REWARDED WITH:
- Being a key member of an energetic, dynamic and fun small team changing the way Australia works
- The satisfaction and challenge of enabling an inspiring and diverse network of over 1000 members nationally to grow their small business.
- Being part of a B-Corp certified company with a vision and plan to make a difference
- A full-time role based on Sydney
- Phone allowance and use of a MacBook Air
- Personalised training and development program
- A full-time salary of $60,000-$70,000 including super
- All Hub team members are eligible for our Parental Leave Scheme
DESIRED START DATE:
1 August 2017
15 July 2017
Send a link to your LinkedIn profile, CV and a cover letter on why you are interested in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.