Hub Australia has welcomed 31 businesses into it’s 2019 Flexi-Impact program, providing workspaces and networking opportunities to growing purpose-driven businesses.
What is an purpose-driven business?
Purpose-driven businesses work to change the world for the better.
Whether it’s a Not-for-profit, an environmental organisation, social movement organisation or anything else along similar veins, being purpose-driven is woven into an organisation’s being, shaping their morals, vision, goals and outcomes.
What is the Flexi-Impact program?
Each year, Hub Australia offers a number of complimentary 12-month Flexi Impact memberships across all of our sites (currently in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide).
The memberships provided give 24/7 access to one Hub location for 2019, as well as letting them connect with our growing community of over 2000 members and thrive through all Hub’s networking and professional development events.
Who are this year’s Flexi Impact members?
In 2019, Hub Australia had over 130 applications for the available memberships. All memberships were divided across each Hub location, allowing them to integrate with the great community already there.
Nightlife First Aid
– a first aid service dedicated to creating safe partying environments amongst youth by sending out a first-aider to be on site at party events.
Hub Anzac Square, Brisbane
Roses in the Ocean
– inform, influence and enhance suicide prevention through lived experience.
Climate Reality Australia
– works to support individuals to take climate action, whether in communities, current workplaces or through new ventures.
– inspire, connect and empower young people, helping people living with disabilities and/or mental health issues to find meaningful access, participation and opportunities to lead in the environment space.
Byron to Bundy
– work to unite and grow the conscious business community in the region spanning Byron Bay to Bundaberg.
Positive Humans Movement
– aim to break the cycle of domestic violence and bullying through purposeful educational games and programs.
Hub Collins Street
Bicycles for Humanity
– collect pre-loved bicycles, save them from landfill and send them to communities in need.
– help organisations create and narrate greater social impact and develop a high performing and purpose driven culture.
Hub Hyde Park
– a startup pre-accelerator helping migrants and refugees start their own startups.
– Breaking the silence on Bullying through workshops in business, education and sport.
– an app designed for young people suffering from chronic illnesses or injuries who spend extended periods of time in hospitals across Australia.
Grow Together Now
– educate and empower organisations and schools to invest into their mental health and understand the true value within our own minds.
– an online platform for accessible housing to democratise accessibility around the world.
– work to level the playing field so more women can enter
business and ultimately sustain and grow profitable companies.
– deliver entrepreneurial education for young people, empowering them with skills to make a difference.
Unchained Business Services
– train and equip businesses to be leaders in addressing modern slavery in their supply chains and operations.
Hub Southern Cross
– working to expand the range and scale of housing options for people living in or at risk of admission to aged care.
– provides transitional employment pathways for at-risk youth and those facing disadvantage.
Keep Victoria Beautiful
– working towards a state where all Victorians protect and enhance their environment by their own actions.
– a not-for-profit legal and education service, currently developing an online platform where less fortunate members of the public can access free legal services.
– empower and enable young African women, providing rural African women with resources to attend High School and University.
– host small group cycle adventures for travellers with a social conscience, engaging with local experts (NGOs) to learn about social issues, challenges and strategies.
Good On You
– a comprehensive brand rating system and mobile app for ethical shopping, starting in fashion.
– an innovative software platform that local ethical tour operators can use to manage their business, reach a global audience and maximise reach with personalised marketing advice.
She’s A Crowd
– uses storytelling data to make cities safer for women and address gender-based violence.
Balibo House Trust
– work to preserve the legacy of the Balibo 5 and support the local community in Timor Leste.
Keep an eye on Hub Australia’s blog and social media as we continue to share the great work of these new members, and profile the different ways each is changing the world.