Businesses in New South Wales are adjusting to quickly changing guidelines and business operations – to assist, Hub Australia has collated some of the best resources available for businesses in the state.
Sydney City Council have provided a $25 million package to support businesses and reduce the financial impact of COVID-19, with all measures initially in place for six months.
What they’re offering:
- fees waived for Health and Building compliance activities
- waiving standard terms and fees to venues bookings that are unable to proceed
- waiving all footway dining, market permit, and filming fees
- providing flexible approaches for parking and other infringements
Service NSW has collated a number of government resources and tools to help small businesses impacted by COVID-19, and is working with federal, state and local government and the private sector to bring together support and services.
NSW Department of Business has launched initiatives including:
- deferral of payroll tax for all businesses for six months
- the creation of a $1 billion Working for NSW fund to sustain business, create new jobs, and retrain employees
- bringing forward payroll tax cuts by raising the threshold limit to $1 million in 2020-21.
Great advice for small businesses in NSW as to how they can respond to the challenges associated with COVID-19.
SafeWork has provided a comprehensive guide on the responsibilities of businesses in a crisis such as this, along with how to control risks and limit exposure.